DOWNLOAD PDF COURSE MATERIALS
[NOTE: If you view this PDF in your WEB BROWSER, the Tibetan Fonts may not display properly. However, those fonts do display properly in the Downloaded PDF.]
- Explanation of Prayers before Teaching
- Recitation (in Tibetan) of Prayers before Teaching
- Dedication Prayers (Explanation & Recitation
DOWNLOAD MP3 Recordings of the first 15 Classes of the Spring 2016 Term here.
DOWNLOAD MP3 Recordings of FALL 2016 CLASSES
CLASS ONE - Monday, 19 SEPT 2016:
- 1 Track.
CLASS TWO - Wednesday, SEPT. 21, 2016:
CLASS THREE - Friday, SEPT. 22, 2016
- Track 1 - [Text, p. 157]
- Demonstrating that [Ishvara] Being the Creator of Everything is Negated by Pramana. Presentation & discussion of commentary by contemporary master.
- It is not Correct that Permanent [Ishvara] is a Cause. Presentation & discussion of commentary by Gyaltsab Je.
- Topics presented and discussed include:
- Continua; How do phenomena exist?
- How can phenomena made of infinitely divisible parts that are changing in infinitely incremental time be posited?
- Track 2 - Cause & Effect.
- Presentation & discussion of Dharmakirti’s verse:
To be a cause, [he] not [be] accepted to be a non-cause.
CLASS FOUR - Monday, SEPT. 26, 2016
Track 1 -
CLASS FIVE - Tuesday, SEPT. 28, 2016
Track 1 - Innate Grasping at Permanence Leads to Our Problems:
- Understanding Reasonings Why a Permanent Creator Cannot Exist Undermines our Misperceptions of Permanence In transient phenomena
- Can a Permanent Ishvara Be the Cause & Non-Cause of Rice?
- A Cause of a Thing Must Hold the Potential to Produce that Thing
- Many Syllogisms & Absurd Consequences of Faulty Thinking are required in order to Change Innate Misperceptions
- Being Of One Nature But Different Isolates
- All Our Experience/Perceptions Depend on Two Types of Minds
- The Imputed Is Different from & of One Nature with its Basis of Designation — e.g., Self Is of One Nature with Body-Mind & Self Is Not the Body &/or Mind
- Synonymous Phenomena
- Parts & Their Part-Possessor
- Generalities & Instances
- Applying Those Three Relations to Phenomena:
- Merely Imputed Phenomena Exist
Track 2 - Text: pp.140-142:
- We Create Our Own Reality with our Conceptual Minds
- Pervasion & No Pervasion - Correct & Faulty Logical Reasoning
- Syllogism Structure & Function:
- A is B because it is C
- Positive & Negative Concomitance
- Causes as ‘Assistants’
- Backwards Causes & Effects
- Repetition in Dharma Practice